This is the role for you.
Established in 1987, Hunterlodge Advertising specialises in creating the perfect blend of strategy, media, digital and creative through starting at the end – with results. We breed success junkies who enjoy the thrill of advertising, have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and thrive on a culture that refuses to lose!
With a clear strategy for nurturing talent and an obsession for Advertising Effectiveness, Hunterlodge Advertising is an IPA platinum accredited agency and our Managing Director, Rob Hunter, is co-chair of the IPA Professional Development Group. Successful candidates can therefore expect the very best training and development programme.
You will play an integral part in the construction of the strategy for projects delivered across a diverse portfolio of established and new client accounts. Very hands on role, you will have a passion for the use of data to develop strategic insights and understand how to balance quant and qual research methods to enhance and develop behaviour changing advertising ideas. You will work closely with clients to research the market, understand the consumer and the clients business, and help to formulate brand communications strategies, followed by creative briefs that will be used by the agency’s digital and creative teams to produce the creative ideas.
You will work with:
- Internal: Account Management team; Creative team and Director; Head of Media and media team
- External: Client marketing teams; other agencies in client rosters e.g. Media, Public Relations; Research organisations; members of the public in focus groups.
- Reporting to the Strategic Director
- Working alongside account handling, creatives, operations manager and fellow planners to come up with a market leading strategy.
- Understanding what insight and data sources could be used to assist in the construction of strategy
- Assisting in the running workshop meetings with clients to gain insight into their business
- Writing creative briefs
- Working with clients to fully understand their business objectives, target markets and communications strategy.
- Analyzing and extracting findings from data, consumer, brand and market research to support the preparation of brand communication strategies and creative briefs.
- Facilitating, observing and recording qualitative research e.g. focus groups.
- Conducting and project management of research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Supporting and championing the creative development process, including briefing and enthusing creative teams
- Gathering data and preparing feedback reports on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry e.g. data analysis, propensity modelling, behavioural economics, research methods, etc…
You will be:
- A planner with at least 2 years’ experience within an integrate agency environment
- Passionate about the effect advertising can have in changing behavior and delivering client success
- Resourceful - Adept in lateral, analytical and strategic thinking and persistence in the search for ideas; able to apply creative thinking to business problems
- Inquisitive - Always asking questions and looking for new insights
- Skilful in differentiating core advertising ideas from their executional treatments and astute in assessing when these meet the brief and how they will influence behaviour
- Steadfast in guiding creative work to meet the brief and committed to nurturing work that does so
- Highly numerate and able to understand, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and statistics
- Strong and persuasive communicators, able to simplify research and strategic thinking
- Fascinated by human behaviour, social trends, and how ideas influence people
- Hunterlodge has a strong focus on Continual Professional Development. We have an established relationship with the IPA and Account Managers will be given the opportunity to take the Legal Regulations qualification, the Commercial Certificate and the Foundation Certificate, all fully funded by Hunterlodge. In addition there is a comprehensive internal training programme with Energisers each week covering a variety of relevant topics.
- Free gym membership.
- A half day bonus holiday is awarded to anyone who is not sick over a 2 month period (i.e. this can add 3 days a year to holiday entitlement).
- We celebrate Thirsty Thursdays – on Thursday each week at 4.30pm drinks and nibbles are available!
- Regular company social events