This is the role for you.
Established in 1987, Hunterlodge Advertising specialises in creating the perfect blend of strategy, media, digital and creative through starting at the end – with results. We breed success junkies who enjoy the thrill of advertising, have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and thrive on a culture that refuses to lose!
With a clear strategy for nurturing talent and an obsession for Advertising Effectiveness, Hunterlodge Advertising is an IPA platinum accredited agency and our Managing Director, Rob Hunter, is co-chair of the IPA Professional Development Group. Successful candidates can therefore expect the very best training and development programme.
Hunterlodge needs an Account Director with full service skills to own client relationships. The job would require the successful candidate to guarantee excellent work into clients every time. The ability and skill to proactively and strategically advise clients across a wide variety of sectors is an absolute must. The successful applicant needs to be an ambitious professional with at least seven years' experience in industry with oodles of commercial acumen. The successful applicant should possess a passion to learn new things as professional development will be non-stop.
You will work with:
- Internal: Across all departments (Account Management, Media, Strategy and Creative / Studio).
- External: Client marketing teams, other agencies or external suppliers as needed.
Key skills and knowledge should include but are not limited to the following:
Shape and understand client objectives and make appropriate recommendations to achieve them.
Be expected to have strong business development skills as: This includes finding new opportunities within existing clients as well as joining pitch team and working on new client opportunities.
- Offer strategic advice on projects and campaigns.
- Understand importance of a client brand.
- Excellent knowledge of our industry and the latest thinking.
- A very good understanding of all advertising related disciplines.
- Client facing at Director level.
- Build excellent working relationships with client and colleagues.
- People management and adherence to company processes.
- Identify “unspoken” client requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of clients’ industries.
- Excellent knowledge of clients’ target audience.
- Excellent understanding of clients’ products or services.
- Knowledge of clients’ competitors.
- Understanding of profiling and audience targeting.
- Strong evaluation of creative approach against brief.
- Financial management and accountability, to include accurate turnover and GP forecasting and client profitability.
- Focus on account growth, maximising client revenue streams and supporting new business as needed.
- Proposal writing.
- Create & deliver presentations.
- Present market information to the client as appropriate.
- Present campaign results, evaluation of ROI and recommendations.
You will be:
- Live and breathe our agency values (Thrilled by advertising, Thirst for knowledge, Refuse to lose, Back each other).
- Strive to maintain a positive attitude in all areas.
- Be able to make and take decisions.
- Be dependable.
- Be calm under pressure.
- Demonstrate patience.
- Show mutual respect and understanding for your colleagues and clients.
- Hunterlodge has a strong focus on Continual Professional Development. We have an established relationship with the IPA and Account Managers will be given the opportunity to take the Legal Regulations qualification, the Commercial Certificate and the Foundation Certificate, all fully funded by Hunterlodge. In addition there is a comprehensive internal training programme with Energisers each week covering a variety of relevant topics.
- Free gym membership.
- A half day bonus holiday is awarded to anyone who is not sick over a 2 month period (i.e. this can add 3 days a year to holiday entitlement).
- We celebrate Thirsty Thursdays – on Thursday each week at 4.30pm drinks and nibbles are available!
- Regular company social events.